Holo Negative Space

18:00


Hello again. 

This mani was actually my New Years Eve mani and was by far one of the most popular designs I have done with friends, family, random people. I have never been stopped for my nails more. 

It is also one of the easier manis I have ever done.

INGREDIENTS. 
Urban Outfitters Holographic 
MoYou London Holy Shapes 03 

RECIPE.  20 mins (excluding drying time)

1. For this mani I decided to file my nails back into their points. I just felt that this design would work best on pointed nails. Lately I have preferred the point in general, in my last post I talked about how this was a very 'strong' nail shape to have, but of course if you can't stand the talons or your nails aren't quite long enough feel free to opt for another shape. 

2. [Optional] Paint on a clear base coat. I actually didn't do this because I am lazy and was already running late...but if you have the time it will strengthen your nail, help them last longer and help the holo polish stamp well. 

3. Stamp on your design. Using the stamping technique outlined in this post choose your design and stamp it on the nail. I used the design in the bottom left hand corner of the Holy Shapes 03 stamping plate. 


Stamp the design on all your nails, taking care to centre it to the nail and match up with your point (easier said than done hence I defaulted to my trusty Crystal Clear). Once you are finished it should look a little something like this. 


4. Paint in the edges. You will notice in finished mani (see below) that the edges of the nail are filled in. I achieved this by simply filling in the sides from the outer triangle lines. This is super easy you just paint with the nail varnish brush along the outline provided by the stamped design. 

At the end you should be left with something that looks like this. 


5. Top Coat. You really want to paint a topcoat over these. I didn't due to previously mentioned rushing and I lived to regret it for two main reasons. Firstly, top coat always brings out the sparkle in holographic polishes. Secondly, I snapped a nail at the party, because this mani if largely negative space with minimal polish to act as a strengthener my poor nails never stood a chance at a house part on NYE. 

Lesson learnt. 

PROS.
Sooooooo prettttyyy. 

I really couldn't stop looking at these. I love the way they don't compromise on sparkle but still retain that minimalism and edgy quality. 

It is also super easy and fast. Stamped designs dry almost instantly and filling in the edges takes no time at all so this was a speedy cake walk. 

CONS. 
Broken nail </3 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Carb enthusiast
Shoreditch resident
LCF grad (class of 2016)




Press

Don't be shy! I am always excited to hear from you all and try new products and brands. For all enquiries contact nochipsallowed@gmail.com